Thoughtful underwear with hidden powers. For every pair purchased you fund 7 pads to a girl in need.
OH SHIT YOU GUYS THIS COMPANY IS MAKING UNDERWEAR THAT IS STAIN RESISTANT, ANTIMICROBIAL, AND WILL ABSORB UP TO 6 TEASPOONS OF LIQUID BUT STILL LOOKS FUCKING SEXY
AND DID I MENTION THIS PART:
For every pair of THINX you buy, you help one girl in the developing world stay in school by providing her with seven washable, reusable cloth pads.
AND WHY IS THAT SUCH A BIG DEAL? HERE’S WHY:
After doing some research, Agrawal says she found that more than 100 million girls in the developing world were missing a week of school because of their periods, and using things such as leaves, old rags, or plastic bags in the place of sanitary pads.
THE SIZES RUN FROM XS TO XXL AND THE PRICES ARE NOT INSANE, THEY’RE OBVIOUSLY HIGHER THAN THOSE 5 FOR $10 SALES AT TARGET BUT YOU WON’T HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT BECAUSE YOU MISCALCULATED YOUR FLOW AND BLED ALL OVER THEM BEFORE YOU COULD GET TO A BATHROOM
I’M SORRY FOR SHOUTING I’M JUST REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS
LIKE HOLY FUCKBASKET IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME
Always reblog, because I’ve noticed the media salivating over all these *white* weed entrepreneurs for being so “ingenious” and “savvy businessmen”, while ignoring the the mostly Black, Brown and poor victims and survivors of Amerikkka’s “War On Drugs”, and the ongoing racist and classist injustices that keep locking away Black, Brown and poor people in masses while giving white people who commit the same offenses less or no jail time at all.
And it costs like $8,000 non-refundable application fee to even get started running a legal weed shop.
WHO had access to that kinda money?
THIS THIS THIS
Sign of the times we live in: Typing in “Entry-Level” in a job search and getting every hiring fast food restaurant in the tri-state area.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released seven years ago - July 21, 2007.
ok so to sum up:
- some, if not most, ancient egyptians were black by US standards
- some, if not most, current egyptians are black by US standards
- some ancient egyptians were also not black by US standards
- some current egyptians are also not black by US standards
- like ‘poc,’ ‘black’ is a social construct and does not apply in egypt or to egyptians anyway unless they are abroad/being identified by foreigners
- ramses II, pharoah during the 19th dynasty, was a redhead
- gamal abd el nasser, egyptian president in the 1950s who kicked out the British colonisers, was from upper egypt and considered black by US standards (so was his successor, anwar el sadat)
- current egyptians are not colonisers and implying that is stupid and ahistorical
- egypt was historically one of the most populous countries in the MENA region and it is impossible for any “colonising” entity to have had any significant effect on its genetic makeup, whatever the ruling class was
- a cursory glance at upper egypt, the region least affected by any occupation/colonisation due to its geographic location can perfectly confirm that
- it is not your place to decide whether you want egyptians to identify as arab or african or north african or not. egyptians claim their heritage regardless of your opinion.
- Nubian egyptians still exist
- you cannot appropriate ancient egyptian culture. there is no such thing.
- you can appropriate ancient egyptian heritage, and ‘appropriate’ here is used as a fancy word for ‘pillage and steal and put in your museums and never give back’
look if you unironically say ‘money can’t buy happiness’ then either you’ve never faced a real financial struggle or you’ve achieved enlightenment, because goddamn does financial security feel an awful lot like happiness when it’s something you’re not used to